The Amboseli is among the most accessible of Kenya’s National parks.
It is approximately 250Km and only 4 hours away from Nairobi
The Amboseli National park is located at the shadows of Mount Kilimanjaro (Africa’s highest)
Amboseli eco-system is home to vast Elephant herds including other wildlife species shall also be seen as we view the magnificent snow – capped Mount Kilimanjaro peaks.
The Amboseli road safari has accommodation provided in optional economy, standard or luxury safari lodges and tented camps.
Nairobi- Amboseli National Park: 250 km: 4 hrs drive.
0730hrs: Pick up from your Nairobi hotel / residence or Nairobi airport.
Depart for the Amboseli National Park via the Nairobi – Mombasa road
The morning drive is via typical African savanna country dotted with local homesteads and colorful Masai herdsmen grazing their cattle.
Meal plan: Lunch, Dinner
Arrive at the Amboseli national park in time for lunch.
Take a midday rest and later venture into the park for the scheduled afternoon game viewing drive.
We shall be in search of elephant, giraffe, zebra, lion, cheetah, warthog, ostrich and many others.
The Mount Kilimanjaro dominates the skyline and surrounding country side.
It is the tallest in Africa and highest free standing mountain in the world.
Mount Kilimanjaro with its snow – capped peak shall dominate the background while we marvel at the wildlife and scenery.
Overnight at your Amboseli safari lodge or tented camp.
- Large Elephant herds
- Kilimanjaro peaks (weather permitting)
- Most of the Big five
- Observation hill which allows an overall view of the Amboseli park especially the swamps and elephants.
- Swamp below observation hill which hosts many elephant, buffaloes, hippos and a variety of water fowls like pelican, Egyptian goose.
- Contemporary Masai culture and indigenous lifestyle.
- Optional Masai village visit at Amboseli (arrange with your driver guide) = $ 20 per person
Safari accommodation options for each location
|Amboseli National Park|
|Luxury level lodge / tented camp option||Oltukai lodge, Amboseli Serena lodge|
|Standard level lodge/ tented camp option||Amboseli Sopa Lodge, Sentrim Amboseli, Kibo Safari Camp|
|Economy level lodge/ tented camp option||AA Lodge/camp|
- Transport in a customized pop up top safari mini-van
- Services of an experienced English/other language speaking driver/ guide
- Stay in economy, standard or luxury lodges / tented camp (please choose)
- Game viewing drives
- Park entrance fees
- All meals on safari
- Bottled drinking water in safari vehicle.
- Pick up/drop off at Nairobi hotel or residence.
Not Included In the Tour Price: Items and Services of a personal nature and Tips & Gratuities.